Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Vacation...

For the past week the humans have been disappearing for a day or so at a time. I see them leave me heaping amounts of food (which I have learned not to eat all at once), fill up the water fountain (yes, I have them trained to leave me a fountain full of water and not just some stagnent water), give me some treats and wet food and then quietly slip out the door with the mangy dogs.

Only hours after I have finished my wet food, treats and taken a nap, do I realize they are not back yet and wonder where they have gone. Surely they haven't abandoned me?!

It is during these quiet moments that I plan my next escape attempt. I have peace and quiet - no whining dogs in the background, no humans shuffling around... and they leave the television on easy listening which only drives me to escape more. Seriously, who can listen to Kenny G for hours on end and not go crazy? Not this cat, that's for sure.

Eventually, they show up again, showering me with too much affection for my liking and more food to replace the stale bowls that have been left on my table. In return, I wait until they are sleeping and run laps around the apartment, screaming at the top of my lungs, just so that they can't get those few hours of sleep they so desperately desire. Just another hour or so until I can torment them for leaving me alone last night...

-TKKAL

No comments:

Post a Comment